Monday, March 5, 2012

She said no...


Today I abruptly entered Rosings to tell Elizabeth that I love her. I asked for her hand in marriage, and her answer was delayed. I assume she was shocked, but she denied my request. After her polite rejection, she grew angry with me. She asked me if I was responsible for talking Mr. Bingley out of marrying Jane, and I admitted I played a role in the decision. Elizabeth then mentioned the situation with Wickham, and without asking me for the real story, she made it clear that I was arrogant and selfish; marriage was clearly out of the question. I was not sure what to do, so I left.   /:

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor nephew,
    It brings me great displeasure to hear of your rejection; however, I am confident you will find another girl to propose marriage to in the future. You are a charming young man with a great fortune anybody would have the pleasure to marry, except the vain girl you just turned you down... You are most certainly not anything she described you as. Just know- this was her loss and not yours.
    Best wishes,
    Aunt Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy,
    Perhaps my rejection of your proposal will allow you to realize that telling the girl you love and wish to marry that she is below you, and that falling in love with her went against your character, was not the most intelligent idea. Moreover, I could never be happy with you knowing very well that you ruined my sister's chance at marrying Bingley. I know enough of you and Wickham's story to form an accurate opinion for myself. You most certainly are arrogant and selfish. I stand by my rejection.
    - Elizabeth Bennet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mean to tell me that you had something to do with Bingley's abrupt abandonment of Netherfield? How could you Mr. Darcy. It is now clear to me why Elizabeth refused your hand in marriage. I hope you can one day realize how hypocritical you are being. You are a very disagreeable man Mr. Darcy.

    ReplyDelete