Saturday, March 24, 2012

Caroline’s Spiteful Remarks


Today my sister, Bingley, and I visited Elizabeth at her inn. We invited her to dine with us back home. The next morning when we were all together, my sister rudely brought up the departure of the militia from Meryton and how it affected Elizabeth’s family. Thankfully Elizabeth avoided the subject of Wickham, for my sister would not have liked to be embarrassed in front of everyone. Once some of the guest departed, Caroline again tried to embarrass Elizabeth by announcing that I once thought Elizabeth to be pretty. I quickly made sure Miss Bingley knew I still felt this way; I have never been more attracted to a woman before.  

1 comment:

  1. It was very nice to see you Darcy. I was very happy to be invited to dine with you. I've learned to disregard Miss Bingley's comments about almost everything as she is rather jealous. I would have felt terrible if I had embarrassed your sister as she seems rather agreeable.

    ReplyDelete