Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Letter

Today I ran into Elizabeth while she was taking a walk. I proceeded to hand her the letter I wrote regarding the truth behind her prejudice. I told Elizabeth why the relationship between Wickham and myself is the way it is. I also admitted to something I'm sure she was displeased with. I told her that I did in fact convince Bingley not to marry Jane. I did not want him to be apart of the low social standing of the Bennet family. Elizabeth can form her own opinions with the information I provided her; at least now she has the truth.  

2 comments:

  1. Dear Darcy,
    How lovely to hear from you again my old friend! I admire your bravery in standing up to the ruthless prejudice that Elizabeth has towards you. I am confident that you will find someone out there that will make you happy. However, I cannot comprehend why you are so prideful of social status. Jane is a perfectly wonderful girl and I would prefer no further interference from you.

    Warm Regards,
    Mr. Bingley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy,
    I would like to thank you for the letter you wrote me to explain the truth behind these events that have caused me to form a prejudice regarding you. Although I still do not like how you ruined my sister's happiness and chance at love with Mr. Bingley, I am thoroughly happy that I now understand your disdain for Wickham. If I had known from the start that he attempted to run off with your sister, my opinions would vary greatly.
    -Elizabeth Bennet

    ReplyDelete