Sunday, April 8, 2012

Permission from Mr. Bennet

I made another trip to the Bennet’s household, only this time, I came to ask Mr. Bennet for his permission to marry his daughter. Both he and Jane could not believe our love was true. We both assured him that our love was passionate and real. Elizabeth then informed her mother and father that it was me who paid off Wickham’s debts. It was this information that Mrs. Bennet seemed embarrassed for once, for the way she had acted towards me. After Elizabeth and I talk for a great while, I sent a letter to my lovely aunt to make sure she knew our marriage was happening.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that Mr. Bennet has accepted your engagement as he did mine! You have always been a good friend of mine and am happy to know that we are family now.

    ReplyDelete