Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Aunt’s Requests

Elizabeth told me that Lady Catherine arrived at her home on a carriage early in the morning. She can inside, and Mrs. Bennet was polite, regardless of my aunts lack of congeniality. Elizabeth and Lady Catherine took a walk together, but Elizabeth will not tell me what they conversed about. But I can guess it had to do with her telling Elizabeth not to accept my marriage proposal; I told my aunt I indeed planned on asking for Elizabeth’s hand in marriage once more, and she was not thrilled, to say the least. Honestly though, I could care less what my aunt believes; nothing will come between Elizabeth and me.

1 comment:

  1. Your aunts visit was rather unexpected, and to be honest, she is not the person I would talk with about such personal matters. According to her, you and Miss De Bourgh were a match made many years ago by your mother and herself. I'm glad you do not let your aunt control your thoughts and actions.

    ReplyDelete